Friday 13 April 2007

No 6 Dogs, Rabbits and Kittens

When Willow died last year there was a period of mourning, and then in early January a friend told my landlady that she had a kitten for her.

My reaction was predictable and instant. A kitten is the last thing I want to live with, but as it is not my house I had to temper what my needs were with the rest of the house. In fact, come to think of it, I was dead lucky to get away with being allowed an opinion at all! But there you are.

Anyway, this friend kept on telling my landlady that the kitten was growing and would be fine to come and live with us by the time it was about ten weeks old. I kept biting my lip and saying nothing yet hoping that the bloody thing would go away. It didn't go away though, and I became resigned to the fact that the peace and harmony of the household was going to be destroyed by some razor edged moggie which would climb curtains and my legs with equal ease.

Then at the end of January I was just about to get into my car when I noticed something lying under the back wheel of the car. It was a light tan coloured rabbit. It was tiny, shivering and almost hypothermic. I couldn't very well leave it there now could I? So I took it into the house. More later...

No comments: