Thursday 18 September 2014

Long time no see 18th September 2014

It is almost three years since I last wrote anything for this blog.  wonder why? Maybe the last time I wrote was about a rather nasty episode which happened to me.  Now that is all over.
Cancer has been treated and seems to be gone for ever (fingers crossed), left only with polymyalgia, which is a pain in the bum, and other places as well, and COPD, but apart from that life is good.

Just returned from two weeks in the sun in Madeira and had a wonderful time, and looking forward to the next time, I hope.

The passage of time reminded me with a rather nasty shock this morning when I had a phone call from a very good friend of mine who plays around at comensus at the university of Central Lancashire.  A good friend of ours has recently been moved to a hospice with the final stages of cancer.  He has fought it for several years now, but finally it has caught up with him.

His name is John and behind his back (sometimes) we call him the Philosopher.  He is a wonderful man who will be sadly missed when eventually his time is up.

Been a bit of a year for deaths, first my dear father in law James who died at the end of January, then my sister Stella in the middle of August and now John.

They do say you can tell how old you are when you start going to more funerals than weddings and baptisms.  ah well John, You wouldn't like us to moan and cry over you, though believe me old friend, you will be missed.

No comments: